Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Beautiful Sculptures by Anna-Wili Highfield

Anna-Wili Highfield - Major Mitchell Cockatoo

I have been finding lots of amazingly talented artists lately through different blogs and such, and one I have really, really been so amazed by is Anna-Wili Highfield. She is based in Sydney and has created these beautiful animal sculptures by sewing together pieces of cotton paper over bent copper piping. One of her greatest commercial projects was to create pegasus sculptures for the Hermès store windows in Brisbane. I have also seen some of her work featured in the homes of some other very artistic Australians. So simply gorgeous!

Anna-Wili Highfield - Brumby on a Block

Anna-Wili Highfield - Australian Magpie

Anna-Wili Highfield - Owl Descending
I would just love, love, love to have one of these sculptures grace my lounge room someday... I'll just keep on dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment